I read an article yesterday online from Inc. Magazine about two morning exercises to improve the day’s productivity. It seemed simple enough to do. Here are the two below:
- Write down three things you’re grateful for every day
- Write down three things that would make the day great
So I gave it a try this morning. Here’s my lists.
- My wife & kids and their love & support
- My parents, brother, sister, and extended family for the advice and encouragement they always provide
- My health
Make the day great:
- Complete a a TRX workout
- Write strength/workout plan for my 800m runners
- Write a blog post on OGP
So far, I have only completed one from the second list. But I still have the hours to do the other two. But the first list is what helped me repeatedly throughout the day. It kept me grounded and focused, as it is the “WHY” that gets me through any “HOW” no mater what. It’s been a strange day, but a great one. I send out a quote of the day to a group of people and it always closes with “Make it a great day!” because I was told once you shouldn’t leave it to chance if the day is going to be great or not. I will keep you posted on my progress!
“When we become more fully aware that our success is due in large measure to the loyalty, helpfulness, and encouragement we have received from others, our desire grows to pass on similar gifts. Gratitude spurs us on to prove ourselves worthy of what others have done for us. The spirit of gratitude is a powerful energizer.” — Wilferd A. Peterson